Agent Beck Pt 16

 

 

Mission 16: Hurricane Idol   

 

“I thought the cyclone gun was bad, this is worse!” I panicked. 

“Just shut up and jump!” BEAST yelled. We jump off our cruise ship and land in the water. We submerge and BEAST signals at his head. He wanted me to communicate with him through our minds. I nod and focus my energy. I feel his energy and connect it with mine. Then I can hear his thoughts.

“That didn’t go as planned but if we swim back to the island, we can warn the town and find a way to destroy the idol. Try not to lose your breath, slow poke.” he teased. I rolled my eyes and swam at high speed to the island of Maura. We were here because the mayor from the island emailed us asking for help. My brother looks into it and decides to call them. They told him of a huge box with gold rims and old blue wood. It had the initials F.W. on the lock. A thought came back to me from when I teamed up with Agent Falcon to retrieve a box of the same color  that had the cyclone gun in it. I tell my brother and he sends his assistant to bring him all the research on Frank Walker.

While we waited, the mayor also told us how the box was leaking water. The assistant returns and BEAST reads over their notes. Frank had indeed made two boxes to hold two very powerful items. One was the cyclone gun and the other was an idol called Hurricane Katrina. That’s right. Right before Frank Walker died, he made another box for a secret lab in New Orleans. They had discovered the old relic idol and tried to use it as an energy source. This destroyed their first lab and also formed the well known, Hurricane Katrina. 

Our eyes go wide and we immediately head to their island. It took us two hours to get there and when we arrived their mayor immediately took us to the box. When we saw it, BEAST and I carefully carried it to our ship. We were so happy no one on the island opened it. Their whole town would have been destroyed. This was the easiest mission ever. If only all of them could be this easy. We talked while the captain drove us home. We talked about the reptile woman while sitting. 

“This could be a problem. If word gets out there is another laboratory experimenting on humans again. The government will not hesitate to…” BEAST stops talking when he sees our captain heading towards the box. I turned my head and saw a familiar tattoo under the captain's eye. It was the tattoo of a rebellious cult who hated ‘special’ humans. Every other month they would try to break into our headquarters or protest outside our building. This was a new strategy and I have to give my respects to them for their new plan.

“All ‘special’ humans should die!” he yelled. He slams an ax into the lock and the whole box opens and that’s when we jumped off the ship. We needed to warn the town and get them to safety. We quickly ran to the mayor's office and he turned on the warning siren. The whole town was running around and grabbing their family members. I head back to the shoreline and see the hurricane beginning to form. I use my sight and see the idol is stuck between two rocks under water . The hurricane forms and the wind begins to push it towards the town. BEAST joins me and I tell him where the idol is located.

“Good. I spoke with the science department back at base and they said, if the tiniest piece is broken from the idol, it will stop everything.” he explained.

“ Okay, but who can get close enough to break the idol and can it even get broken?” I asked.

“Yes, it can be broken. This stone's material has aged since 2005. It’s twenty-one years too old to still be tough. How we will get close is easy…” he stops talking when he sees some familiar speed boats heading towards us. We see the rebellious captain did not come alone. We were being tailed the whole time.One person looks at me and she begins to shoot. The others follow and we duck behind a tree.

“Follow me to the top of the cliff. He points at this super tall rock range. The cliff's point was about half as tall as the hurricane. We begin to run and the group sees us and decides to follow. Of course they were about twenty minutes behind because we were using our powers. We reach the cliffs point and my brother begins to stretch out his arms. I knew that stretch, he was about to reveal his ‘true form’. We were only going up against humans, so why was he transforming? Then I look at him, the hurricane, and than me. 

“Oh hell no!” I mumbled as a bright red light consumed my sight. The light fades and BEAST is now as tall as half a tree. His body was covered in black fur and his face had full lion features. His eyes glowed red as he looked at me. “Don’t you dare throw me into that…Ah!” BEAST throws me high into the air and near the top opening of the hurricane.

“I’ll take down the rebels. You break the idol.” he commands through telepathy..

“Yeah like I have a choice!” I cried. The hurricane gets closer and I activate my muscular strength. I tuck into myself to break through the hash water walls. I enter the center of the hurricane and begin to fall. I transition into a diving position and splash into the water. I broke through the water's surface.The tidal waves were harsh and I could barely stay in one place. Another tidal wave comes near me and I blast a fireball to turn it to smoke. I take out my gun and begin to quickly change my bullets. I needed the water resistant ones. I only had two bullets and I needed speed and decency on my side. I take a breath and dive underwater. 

The gravity of the water was heavy but I remained focused and looked for the idol. I needed to hurry before this hurricane reached the town. I use my sight to see in the dark and I see a tiny sparkle to my left. I saw the idol and it was very small up close. It was the size of my hand. I aim my gun and see the center of the idol. I focus my breathing on pulling the trigger. The bullet flies through the water with ease and the bullet hits the idol. Apparently, twenty-one years was still not enough time to soften the material. The bullet barely cracks the idol. A tiny crack formed from the impact and a micro piece of the stone came off.

“Please be enough!” I thought. I could shoot another but the decency of the water was increasing. I see the walls of the hurricane getting ready to touch me. That meant this hurricane was about to pass me. “Damn!” I ready my gun again and shoot the bullet. It pushes the first bullet deeper into the idol and this time a huge crack goes up the idol. The head slowly fell as the edge of the hurricane walls was about to slam into me. I ready myself for the impact and I knew this would hurt. Who knows where the currents would send me. I could end up a hundred miles away from the island.

The walls touch me and the water immediately turns to smoke. The hurricane was weak. I feel for my brother's energy to reach his mind.

“The hurricane is weak!” I yelled. 

“ROAR!” The whole hurricane turns to smoke and a thick fog lands upon the water. I see my brother still in his true form and he begins to slowly shrink. I swim back to shore and I see the rebels are tied up. I walk past them and they grumble at me. 

“See you guys next month for another attempt at failing.” I laughed. The mayor and the townspeople begin to clap. I wave to them and then I see BEAST walk up to me. He was half naked, but he didn’t care. He was back to normal and the only beastly features were his eyes, ears and teeth. He brushes the twigs out his hair.  This is why he is number one against all ‘special humans’. To think I could master this power one day, excites me, but also scares me.

“Nice job brother!” he smiled. I show him the idol and he nods while pulling out his phone. I could assume he was calling headquarters. I take this chance to pass out on sand. I was drenched in water and exhausted. 

“Hey, the aircraft will be here in…enjoy your nap Savior.” he spoke with a smirk.

   Agent Beck Out. 

Next Mission: Mission 17 Cops and Robbers




Comments

Addicting Reads

Agent Beck Pt 15

Agent Beck Pt 14

Agent Beck Pt 12