Agent Beck Pt 13
It’s Saturday night and I am heading to a casino in the downtown part of the city. After telling BEAST about having to run 10 miles on the ocean to get to shore. He issued me the weekend off. I gladly accepted and clocked out.
So, I'm hitting the casino tonight. I change into my new deep red suit and head out. I arrived at the casino and walked past some flashing photographers.
“Oh my god! It’s Savior Beck! Can I get a picture?!” she screamed. I nod at her and we take our picture. “I love your new movie too.”
“Thank you. I love you!” I confessed. She almost fainted and I couldn’t help but laugh. The reason why everyone knows me in public… I’m an actor outside my spy life. I starred in many movies. The people love me and I thank them everyday for supporting my movies.
Which is the reason why I am at this casino. It’s a celebrity event tonight to support a charity and I got invited by Chris H to participate. I enter through the doors and head to the gambling tables. So many people were here and it meant it was time to take some money. I head to the blackjack table and see my buddy Chris. He winks at me and I smirk as a response. The dealer deals the cards and I have two face cards. I test the waters by raising the bet. I lay three thousand dollars worth of chips on the table. Three people fold and now there is only Chris and another male who calls my bet. Then Chris decides to raise it by two thousand. The other opponent folds. It was Chris and me now and I looked at his face. It was unreadable, but his heart rate wasn’t.
His heart rate was going fast which meant he was excited. I learned from my past failures and now know when your heart rate is fast, it means ‘you're hiding something’. I call his raise and I can hear him swallow from here.
“Show cards.” the dealer stated. Chris shows an eighteen, the dealer shows a fifteen and I show my twenty. Chris became pale in the face as I pulled my chips to me. The dealer writes out the check as I head to the dining area. Chris appears next to me and I fist bumped him.
“Nice moves out there, kid.” he mentioned.
“You weren’t too bad yourself. You almost made me fold.” I lied. He rolls his eyes while sitting at the bar with me. The bartender comes over and immediately my nose goes crazy. I looked at this man with disgust, he had fresh blood all over his body under his clothes. I could smell copper on his breath too. I looked more closely at him and saw his eyes were transitioning into something. The shape of a diamond formed in his pupil. I looked at his neck and saw a metal choker. It has a red diamond on it. Chris orders his drink and I immediately snap out of it.
“I’ll take a gin on the rocks.” I replied.
This was my vacation. I was not going to ruin it with work. He brings us our drinks and I can’t help but stare at the metal collar. This young man needed to take that collar off. As cool as it looks, it’s an ancient artifact. It belonged to a well known vampire named Dracula. The humans found him scary but for us ‘special’ humans we found him amazing. He is still alive and teaching back in his homeland. He created this metal collar with the power to inject his vampire energy into their host. So, they could have all the strength and speed of Dracula, but it also came with side effects. Which is turning into a vampire and craving blood and flesh.
I remember on the Crimson Shield alerts that his house was broken into, so this must be one of his missing items. Someone must have sold it online and this bartender bought it. By the looks of his face, he looks like he has had it on for about three days now. So, he was definitely becoming a vampire now. If I remove it before he finds another victim I might be able to reverse the transformation. Usually it takes two fresh kills to become a full vampire. I can smell from his skin that this was his first kill tonight. When you are a natural born killer, your skin smells of dull rusted copper.
This bartender's scent was still pure and smelled of natural essence. This was his first kill. As Chris talks my ear off, I can’t help but eye the bartender. He was eyeing some woman in the corner. His face went pale and he dashed from behind the bar to the back room. Then the woman gets up to use the restroom. I excuse myself from Chris and follow the woman. She walks around the corner and a strong wind hits my face. I ran around the corner and the woman was gone. I look around the area and then I look up and see the bartender running on the roof with my special vision. I ran to the back room stairs to try and cut him off. I unleashed my speed and found the stairs to the roof. I bust the door off the hinges and the bartender freezes. He sits his unconscious victim down and charges at me. He bares his fangs and I swiftly move out of the way.
I easily dodge his swings because he doesn’t know how to fight. He throws his bare knuckles and I catch it and flip him to the ground. I break the concrete from the impact and he sighs in pain. I try to remove the collar and he back-kicks me with speed. I lose my grip and he punches me in the face. He thought I would go flying but that punch was weak. I didn’t feel a thing. I slowly retwist my neck and look at him. He shows fear and he begins to pick up the woman and run away.
“Oh, please…” I reveal my gun and shoot him in the leg. He was running fast, but with my eyes, I could see him clearly. He falls to the floor and I quickly run over to the woman who was conscious again. “Are you okay?!” I asked. She nods and when she realizes who I am, she begins to blush. I pick her up and run her over to the exit. She thanks me without asking questions and runs back downstairs. I hear footsteps and see the bartender running away.
“Damn this was a new suit.” I mumbled. I take a breath and unleash my inner beast. I took off running and within five seconds I was in front of him. I punch him in the face and he is out cold. I reach for his collar and crack it in half. The color begins to return to his face and I quickly call BEAST. I look at the tears in my suit while explaining what happened.
“Man, you can’t leave work alone, huh?” he joked.
“Ha, says the one who is still in the office.” I countered. I hear some moaning coming from the background. “You are in the office aren’t you?” I questioned.
“Call Rebecca and let her know to send a delivery guy, Savior.” He immediately ended the call and I couldn’t help but smirk. Damn even my brother was having some fun tonight. I think about Falcon and dial her number.
“Get over here now!” she commanded. I couldn’t help but lick my lips.
Agent Beck out.
Next Mission; Mission 14: The Dragon of the West

Comments
Post a Comment