Agent Beck Pt 10
Intro: Welcome to Hiddenville City, a place where evil thrives all times of day. Here my organization puts a stop to them one villain at a time. We are the Crimson Shield. A special humans unit where we stop all the underground villains. We fight in secret to help the world, that is our mission.
Mission 10: BEAST and Savior Origins
After our battle with Thunder and almost losing Falcon and myself, I couldn’t hold in this secret anymore. I look at Falcon and she looks at me with concern.
“Is everything okay, Savior?” she asked with concern. I slowly get up from my bed and sit next to her. She looks at my arm and touches my remaining fur. Her touch was cold, but it felt nice on my skin. I pull her close and look at her damaged wings.
“I almost lost you today and that is my greatest fear because I love you Francie. You protected me and the people without hesitation. So, one way I want to ‘thank you’is by showing you trust and telling the truth.” I explained. She looks at me with attention and nods.
Savior (P.O.V)
It all started fifteen years ago when I was ten. The government bribed my good-for-nothing parents to take me and my older brother to ‘summer camp’ for the summer. Except the government's summer camp was in a lab and they were constantly injecting us with unknown animal DNA. What people don’t know is that my older brother who was taken with me was BEAST…
BEAST is my brother by blood and when we were taken he was known as James.
The government started a new testing program for siblings. It was to see if the same animal DNA would give the same power traits when you have the same blood DNA. James tried his best to keep me calm when I cried “I want to go home!” He was kind and always had a smile on his face, even though his test trials were the worst. He was poked every six hours because he was sixteen and a teenager, I was only poked once per day because I was a child. When you are a teenager your blood is constantly changing day by day to adapt to your changing hormones. So, they needed the injections to stick, so James was in the testing room more than me.
The summer had come to an end and the laboratory doctors never packed our bags to go home. Instead they hired teachers to teach us when the fall season came around. We never got a visit from our parents; neither did the other kids. I knew our parents weren’t coming back and day by day James grew annoyed and angry. As a kid, I tried my best to stay calm and comfort my brother, but he wasn’t having it. He swore he would get us out of here.
The first snow fall happened and the doctors were growing annoyed. Their testing was showing no results and they were about to give up. We were so close to freedom until James started having erratic emotions. He was throwing chairs and tables with unknown strength. The doctors took him away from me and kept him in a closed off room. I would walk past his room on my way to the testing lab and the doctors were kind enough to let me slip him letters. I missed him and I thought I would never see him again.
One year had passed since seeing my brother. The kids and I were playing video games in the lounge. It was close to Christmas time again and I asked the doctors to let me see my brother and this time, after all the rejections, they said “okay”. They told me to prepare for his ‘new’ look. I enter my room and look through his old things. I find a paper clip and use it to hold all my drawings together. I wanted to show him how much my art skills had improved. I looked out of the window and couldn’t help but sigh. James had been locked up in that room since last year and I know he dreams of feeling the night breeze. He didn’t deserve to be locked away like some monster because of his temper. Knock.
“It’s time to see James, Savior.” a doctor said. We walked down the hallway and I couldn’t help but see his ID badge hanging from his pocket. He uses it to open the door and when I walk past him, my instincts tell me to snatch it. With the speed of a cat, I slip it underneath my drawings. I looked into the room and saw my brother. He was sitting by the window, but something felt off about him. He turns to look at me and his eyes are glowing a deep red. Any normal person would be scared but I wasn’t. They have been experimenting on us and side effects are bound to happen. I ran to him and he opened his arms. His hug was stronger and he had more hair on his arms and neck. The doctor watched us from the doorway and I could see a taser in one hand.
“Wow, how you have grown, Savior!” he said with a deeper tone. “I see your brown hair is longer too. Ask the doctors to give you a haircut some time soon.” he added. I laugh at his comment and lightly punch his arm. He pretends to be hurt.
“You are one to talk. Your black hair is wild and growing everywhere. You look like a lion.” I said. He smiles at me and we talk for almost an hour before the doctor taps on the door. I looked at my drawings and knew this would probably be the last time I see my brother again, but he deserved to be free.
“I made some drawings, I want you to keep them. Something to help remember me when…” I give him a hug and whisper in his ear. “...you finally get to be free. I love you brother and please don’t worry about me.” I cried. I run over to the doctor and we return back to my room.
While I was sleeping, I awoke to a loud alarm. Through my door, I could see red lights flashing. I may only be eleven but I knew a code red meant someone had escaped. I lay back down on my pillow and under it, I feel a piece of paper. I lift my pillow and see a note.
“I will find you again Savior, through our bond of the ancient lion's blood when you awaken.” I read. A tear slips down my face as I hold this note to my heart.
Present Day
I looked at Francie and saw she was crying. It made my heart flutter to know how emotional she was about my story. “Thank you for the tears…”
“I can’t believe you sacrificed running away with your brother. You must have been so alone and scared. I know I was when the government kidnapped me as a child. How'd BEAST end up finding you? Also why does he look more like an actual lion than a human like us?” she questioned.
“Well it’s because during our lab days, the doctors were injecting him every six hours a day. Since he was sixteen at the time, his hormones were changing and developing. So, instead of the animal DNA staying doormeant like ours did, his animal DNA combined with his changing cells and made him look like a lion. Which meant he couldn’t control his appearance. Luckily when he turned twenty-one, he was able to gain more control over his DNA. That’s why he has more human features now. The only thing he can’t change back to normal are his ears, eyes, nails, and his wild hair. You should see us when we attend anime conventions, the ladies are all over him.” I explained while laughing. She laughs too, but with a more gentle force, so she won’t hurt her wings.
“That’s hilarious but you still didn’t answer my question about how he found you again?” she repeated.
“Well, I think BEAST can answer that, since he is at the door listening…” The door opens and he walks in wearing his casual style. It consists of a leather jacket with a black tank and jeans.
“God, can you ever keep a secret?” he laughed. He sits next to us on the bed. “I’m happy you’re okay Falcon. As for how I found this crybaby was due to our bond of the lion DNA. Our lion DNA is ancient, it goes back to the Egyptian era of the great Sphinx lion. Some people believed it was a hoax, but they found the bones and the doctors brought it back to this country to run tests.” he explained while looking at his hand. His nails were claws of steel and one simple poke could make you bleed.
“Unfornately aside from me who showed results because I was a teen. The other children, including my brother, did not show any signs. So, you can believe how mad the doctors were knowing their funding was down the drain and they had to release all the kids. When my brother returned home, our parents were arrested by the police for neglect and for sending their kids to a government base to be tested on. Thanks to me because I gave them away. Savior was then sent to foster care and little did he know when he became thirteen and some kids were bullying his friend, he went feral. His powers kicked in and before I knew it, a vision appeared in my head of where he was located. Since I was constantly on the run because of my looks, I lost track of Savior and his foster home. So, I ran to him and saved him from being hunted down by the police and the government.” he continued. BEAST looks at me and smiles.
“I’m so happy I found him. If it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t be who I am now. Love you brother and don’t ever unlock that wild side again or you’ll end up looking like me.” he mentioned as he left the room.
I looked in a mirror and saw my whole face was back to normal. Francie stands with me and kisses me on the cheek. I give her the ‘why’ look.
“Thank you Savior for trusting me with this secret. I will never tell a soul. I promise on my life.” she confessed. I tilt her chin up and kiss her lips.
“Thank you baby, now how about a date redo with a nice movie and popcorn?” I asked and her smile told me “make it extra buttery”
Agent Beck, out.
Next Mission: Mission 11 Agent Becks Trial

Comments
Post a Comment